Leading players in the new models for sustainable development
“Sustainability is not a goal to be reached but a way of thinking, a way of being, a principle we must be guided by.”
Giulio Bonazzi – Chairman, Aquafil Group.
The Aquafil Group wants to make its contribution to a challenge which can no longer be put off: combining economic development with the need to protect the planet and the need for social fairness.
In an increasingly globalized world, the expansion of industry and the greater integration of international markets have brought a dynamic threatening the future of the next generations: climate change, pollution, the uncontrolled consumption of non-renewable natural resources and potential imbalances in social structures.
The Group has made concrete decisions — the expression of a new way of doing business — in order to make its contribution to solving these problems:
- Direct commitment to constant reduction in the impact of its production activities;
- Designing of increasingly eco-friendly products;
- Attention to the needs of all stakeholders and communities in the countries which host the Group’s activities.
Our guiding principles
- Always being ready to act on input from customers who make sustainability a key development strategy, in the belief that this is the road to follow in order to strengthen our leadership.
- Take action to ensure that our Policy of Efficiency is actually implemented.
- Choose suppliers who have better performance in terms of sustainability.
- Build and renew links with local communities wherever the Group is present, and intends to grow in the future.
- Strengthen the Group's local roots by paying close attention to internal resources.